Laparoscopy is key-hole visualization and treatment of pelvic pathology using minimal openings using sophisticated cameras telescope and surgical instruments .It has advantages of minimal blood loss, less pain and shorter stay in the hospital with a quick recovery and return to normal activities.
Gynecological laparoscopy can be used to:
- Diagnose and treat infertility
- Diagnose and treat endometriosis
- Remove adhesions (scar tissue)
- Treat an ectopic pregnancy
- Carry out female sterilisation (surgery on your fallopian tubes to prevent future pregnancy)
- Remove an ovarian cyst
- Remove your womb (hysterectomy) or ovaries (oophorectomy)
- Treat fibroids
- Investigate and treat cancer or remove lymph nodes for cancer treatment
Dr Priti Vyas has specialized in laparoscopic surgeries and received training from Clermont Ferrand, France.